EVP Application Form

As part of Malaysia government regulation effective 12th July 2019, all e hailing drivers are subject to PSV and application of EVP that is made available from e hailing operators


Flow to Get PSV


New E-hailing Regulation

Effective 12 July 2019, Nuccar driver-partners will have to comply with a set of regulations laid out by the Ministry of Transport. Here is everything you need to know about the regulatory requirements. We understand the process may seem challenging but together we will get through it.

If you have any compliance issue with us kindly call our Compliance Manager,Encik Ayzam Bin Abdullah at 03-2778 5459. Rest assured that we respect Malaysians law to operate legally.

More info www.mot.gov.my


1. Public Service Vehicle (PSV) licence


To register for the PSV licence, you’ll need to complete a 6-hour training and pass a written exam.

2. Medical Examination


 As part of the PSV application, you will be required to undergo a medical examination. 

3. PUSPAKOM Car Inspection


E-hailing vehicles that are above 3 years must complete an initial PUSPAKOM inspection. They will also be required to subsequently undergo an inspection once every year.

4. E-Hailing Insurance


You are required to add-on an e-hailing insurance on top of an existing private motor insurance policy to ensure you’re always covered while on the road.


Step 1: Fill up form


Download and fill up section A-E of the JPJ L8A (medical) registration form

Step 2: Get medical check-up


Go to a nearby clinic to fill up section F of the JPJ L8A form, i.e. the PSV medical check. You may get this form at the clinic. 

Step 3: Get PUSPAKOM inspection


Only for cars more than 3 years old. Find a PUSPAKOM centre near you

Step 4: Sit for training


More information coming soon. However, you may also visit any of Driving Institutes if you wish.

Step 5: Add on insurance


More information coming soon.

Step 6: Collect E-hailing permit


More information coming soon.

frequently asked questions

Public Service Vehicle (PSV) Licence

1. What exactly is a PSV licence? 

A PSV licence — a type of vocational driving licence — allows the holder to drive any type of vehicle used to transport paying passengers, such as taxis.

2. What must I do to get a PSV licence?

Nuccar is working closely with relevant parties to smoothen the process of getting the PSV license. Based on JPJ requirements, to obtain a PSV licence, an e-hailing driver-partner needs to complete the following steps:

(a) Pass the medical check up required in section F of the JPJ L8A form

All driver-partners need to pass a medical check up at any of the clinics. The average cost of this medical check is RM40 (check ups at private clinics may be more costly). Please ensure the doctor completes Part I, II & III of Section F in the JPJ L8A form during the examination.

Kindly note that based on the current requirements of the JPJ L8A form, if you have one of the following medical conditions, you will not be able to qualify for the PSV:

  • Cataracts, monocular vision or any condition that may cause impaired vision 
  • Colour blindness
  • Any form of seizures or spasms 
  • Dizzy spells or dizziness
  • Stroke (with ‘residual” disabilities) 
  • Diabetic and on insulin treatment
  • Mental illness 
  • Abuse of alcohol in the last 5 years 
  • Abuse of drugs in the last 5 years
  • Physical disabilities which include limited movements of joints, disabled limbs or amputation of the limbs 
  • Deaf  (please refer to ‘OKU driver-partners’ section for more information)
  • Chronic kidney disease 

(b) Attend a 6-hour training 

All driver-partners need to fulfill a 6-hour training course and 1-hour written exam with 60 questions. Written exams will be conducted only twice a week. Driver-partners will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly to pass. The cost of this training is RM200.

Please note that you would need to clear all summons before attending the training.

(c) Register at JPJ 

Once you pass both the medical check and PSV exam, each driver-partner needs to register at any JPJ office. The documents needed for registration include: 

  • Original MyKad/passport or copies if registration is done by representatives 
  • Original identification of representatives 
  • Original Competent Driving Licence (CDL)
  • JPJL8A Form (Registration and Medical Form) 
  • JPJL2C Certificate (Training Certificate)  
  • 1 x colour photo (against a white background) with dimensions of 25 mm x 32 mm
  • RM20 for registration

3. How much does a PSV licence cost? 

The  average cost for a PSV licence is RM220. This is inclusive of the required 6-hour training (RM200) and registration (RM20).

4. As an existing taxi driver, will I still need to apply for another e-hailing PSV licence?

No, as an existing taxi driver, you may use your existing PSV licence for e-hailing.

5. Can I use my PSV licence in different cities?

For e-hailing driver-partners, you may drive in multi-cities with your PSV licence. Taxi drivers are subject to existing rules surrounding areas of operation.

6. With the PSV licence, will I be able to access the taxi lane, get 50% on tolls, or wait at airport arrival lanes like taxi drivers?

An e-hailing driver-partner will not enjoy the same privileges and benefits as taxi drivers.

PUSPAKOM Car Inspection

1. What documents do I need for the Puspakom inspection?

You will need to bring either of the following:

  • Original Car Registration Card
  • Original Vehicle Ownership Certificate
  • Certified true copy of the Car Registration Card
  • Certified true copy of the Vehicle Ownership Certificate

2. What cars are eligible to drive for  Nuccar after the new e-hailing regulation?

All cars that are used for e-hailing will need to have a minimum three-star ASEAN NCAP rating or its equivalent. Currently all cars accepted onto the Nuccar Platform meet the ASEAN NCAP standards.

3. Are hatchback cars eligible?

As long as the car has a minimum of three-star ASEAN NCAP rating, it will be eligible (refer above). 

4. Does every car need to go through the PUSPAKOM car inspection?

No, only cars that are over 3 years need to go through PUSPAKOM inspection.

5. How much does the car inspection cost?

There is a fee of RM70 for initial car inspection. Every subsequent annual inspection will cost RM55.

6. Where do I go to get my cars inspected?

Head to a PUSPAKOM centre nearest to you. 

7. How long will the car inspection take?

After registration, inspection takes about an hour.

8. What exactly will PUSPAKOM check?

For cars that are over three years, PUSPAKOM will carry out the following checks:

  • Vehicle identification check
  • External and internal vehicle
  • Undercarriage inspection
  • Tinted glass inspection 

9. What equipment do I need to have in my vehicle? 

  • Fire extinguisher (1kg) 
  • Emergency kit (for 7-seater vehicles) 
  • Warning triangle 

10. Am I allowed to have any on-car advertisements? 

Car wraps and on-car advertisements are allowed for registered and approved e-hailing vehicles until further notice from JPJ.

E-Hailing Insurance

1. Do I need to get an e-hailing insurance if I already have my personal motor insurance?

Yes, you are required to add-on an e-hailing insurance on top of an existing private motor insurance policy.

2. Why do I need to get an e-hailing insurance add-on?

E-hailing insurance supplements your private motor insurance by providing coverage for e-hailing jobs. This covers loss or damage to your vehicle, liability to passengers and third-party, as well as personal accident coverage while you are operating as an e-hailing driver-partner.

3. How do I get an e-hailing insurance?

You will need to go to the same insurance provider that you use for your personal motor insurance. We will release the list of insurance providers offering e-hailing insurance add-ons in the coming weeks. 

4. How much does it cost? 

The estimated cost for e-hailing insurance is RM400 a year.

E-Hailing Permit

1. I just received my PSV. What do I need to do next to drive with Nuccar?

Driver-partners need to obtain an Electronic Vehicle Permit (EVP). Nuccar will apply to APAD for EVP on behalf of our driver-partners. APAD will then conduct background checks before issuing the permits.

2. What is Electronic Vehicle Permit (EVP)?

E-Hailing Operators (EHOs)  are required to apply for EVP to onboard driver-partners on the platform. Each EVP costs RM115.

3. Do I need to obtain a new road tax/Lesen Kenderaan Motor (LKM)? 

You do not need to change your road tax, however you need to change the vehicle code to private e-hailing (AH). This can be done at any JPJ office at no cost. You would need to bring with you the JPJ K8 vehicle and owner update form (Pind.1/2016) and the JPJ-EH1 form (declaration form).

4. If I get stopped for picking up passengers, how do I identify as an e-hailing driver-partner? 

An e-hailing sticker will be issued to all driver-partners. The e-hailing sticker must be displayed on your vehicle at all times. You will also need to show your EVP, PSV, Nuccar app and PUSPAKOM  disc (if car is above 3 years).

OKU driver-partners

1. Is an OKU driver-partner eligible for the PSV application?

Though the Minister of Transport is supportive of OKU driver-partners continuing as e-hailing driver-partners, the existing JPJ L8A form does not reflect this yet. In spite of this, we will continue to work with the right authorities so OKU driver-partners can continue driving with us.


1. Do I need to apply to change my “car grant” from private car to “e-hailing taxi”? 

No, you do not need to change your car grant. You only need to change your vehicle code to ‘AH’which can be done at any JPJ office at no cost.

2. Do I need to wear a specific uniform as an e-hailing driver-partner? 

No, you are not required to wear a specific uniform. However, as stated in our community guidelines, please continue to dress decently when driving, eg. long trousers, collared t-shirt and shoes.

3. Do I need to get SOCSO? 

More information coming soon. 


1. When does training start?

The new PSV training will be available from 1 April 2019 onwards.